There is always a lot to do in the garden, and every month I faithfully post my list. Some of it will get done and some will not, but it helps to keep me on-track. For those of you who want to make a similar list, my garden is in zone 6b.
- Plant more wild strawberries to fill in the plot.
- Spread compost on the blueberries.
- Spread mulch on both the blueberries and the strawberries.
- Photograph all the beds.
- Spread compost on the Spring bulbs.
- Mulch the Indian plum with leaves when they start to fall.
- Spread compost around their drip lines.
- Transplant the lavender and thyme.
- Fertilize them once this month. I usually use coffee grounds, since they are readily available.
- Aerate, thatch, and reseed the lawn.
- Sharpen the lawn mower blades.
- Edge the flower beds.
- Call an arborist to cut down the pine tree.
- Spread mulch around the fruit trees and the young hazelnuts.
- Spread compost around the drip lines.
- Cut down the Japanese maple after its leaves drop.
- Harvest the potatoes.
- Sow cover crops.