- I have done weekly checks on all the plants that have either been transplanted or planted within the last three years.
- I have made progress with the weeding. The battle will never be over, but at least I’ve gained ground this month.
- Two yellow-jacket nests are no more.
- I set up the pea cage. The clips I bought for the deer netting are marvelous. They are incredibly easy to take on and off.
- I planted corn, pumpkins, cucumber, and alfalfa. I have more to go (yes, even though it’s August), but I made progress.
- I planted parsley, garlic chives, and dill.
- I planted nasturtiums and poppies.
- The calla lilies were deadheaded.
- I weeded around the climbing roses and the latest transplant.
- The climbing roses have been tied to the trellis and tidied up.
- They only got fertilized once this month. Oops.