- Plant wildflowers, cosmos, celosia, and zinnia.
- Thin out the Oregon grape.
- Spread compost on the fuchsias.
- Prune the deadwood off the fuchsias.
- Weed the rose beds.
- Tie up any new canes on the climber that I want to become part of the framework.
- Remove blind shoots.
- Trim off blackspot.
- Deadhead the climbing rose.
- Weed around the azalea, lilac, and barberry.
- Prune as needed.
- Fertilize once.
- Mulch everything to prevent drought stress.
- Clean and sharpen the pruners.
- Inspect and photograph the trees.
- Remove sucker sprouts.
- Give the hazelnut and cherry a deep soak to combat drought stress.
- Order garlic.